One of the UK’s top Massey Ferguson, Fendt & Challenger dealers, we are looking for the following roles to extend our already 64 strong team, serving the farming industry with the sales and service of agricultural tractors and machinery.
Area Sales Manager - Market Drayton
Established Agricultural Machinery Dealership with AGCO brands; Fendt, Challenger and Massey Ferguson are looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to work from our Market Drayton Depot.
The job would predominently mean the sale of agricultural tractors and machinery to potential and existing customers within a designated territory.
The ideal candidate will be hard-working, have a knowledge of the industry, be driven to acheive targets and goals and be a good face of the company to the customer.
Competitive Salary and bonus scheme available.
Please call 01588 620545 to dicuss further.
Please contact Mary; email@example.com or call 01588 620545 for more information.
Valeter/delivery person - Holmes Chapel
RVW Pugh is an Agricultural tractor and machinery dealership. As an established family business we are looking for a Valeter/delivery person to join our Service team at Holmes Chapel.
We are looking for a keen, self-motivated team player to join us. You would be responsible for final the stages of preparation of new and used tractors before they are delivered to the customers. This would include cleaning & polishing exteriors and cleaning inside tractor cabs, as well as touching up paintwork and minor repairs to used machinery and tractors in preparation for resale.
You would then be required to deliver machinery to customers around the local area and ensure that they are happy with the arrival and machine condition. You will be the face of the company when delivering the machinery to the customer in some cases and so it is important that the individual is communicative and reliable.
The ideal candidate will take pride in their work and produce work of high standard. They will work to a timely manner and ensure that machinery is always presented to the customer at the highest standard.
Experience of valeting and re-spraying/body repairs is preferred but not essential. Trailer licence desirable but not essential.
Agricultural Engineer -
X1 Churchstoke, X1 HOLMES CHAPEL
The repair and maintenance of agricultural machinery, both on-site and on-farm, as instructed by your workshop management.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Include but not limited to:
- The repair and maintenance of vehicles and machinery, to the highest standards and with a “right-first-time” attitude.
- The preparation of new and used vehicles and machinery for sale, in accordance with manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Use of specialist diagnostic equipment and techniques, utilising manufacturers’ systems such as EDT and SOURCE. You are also required to keep up to date with the latest “Service News/Bulletins” as published on AGCOnet.
- Completion of Job Cards, Time Sheets and work reports, as required by workshop management. Job cards should be written up in sufficient detail to justify all of your time spent on the repair. Time Sheets should be completed daily.
- On occasion you may be required to help and develop junior members of the workshop team.
- General housekeeping duties within the workshop environment, including return of special tools and warranty parts to their designated storage area. Cleanliness of working environment and work van/service vehicle. You should adhere to health and safety standards at all times.
- You may be required to demonstrate the use of/ and/or functions of, new or used machinery to our customers. Remember that you are representing RVW Pugh Ltd and your behaviour should remain professional at all times.
- Communication with workshop management. It is your responsibility to report any problems with repairs, potential safety issues or training requirements to your workshop management.
Key Performance Measures:
WIP (Work in Progress) – Job Cards should be completed and returned to workshop management as required. Outstanding Job Cards should be kept to a minimum.
Technical Ability – Quality of repair, aiming to achieve a consistent “Right-first-time” repair record.
Technical Ability – Speed / Efficiency of repair, being measured against manufacturers recommended repair times and/or Quotes/Timescales set by workshop management.
Directors, Business Manager, Operational Workshop Manager and Commercial After-Sales Manager.
Please contact Ros for an application form. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01588 620545
Become an apprentice with AGCO and RVW PUGH LTD
Tractors and farm machinery have changed massively in recent years, so the servicing industry has had to shift up a gear to keep pace. To keep up with the rapid rate of change, manufacturers and independent dealerships are providing tailored apprenticeship schemes to produce a workforce capable of meeting their increasingly technical requirements.
At RVW Pugh we understand how important it is that we keep up to date with the changing industry around us to stay competitive, that comes from having a strong team at each depot. We work with AGCO to ensure that the programme is offering the right experience for the individual. We look to the younger generation as the future of our business and want to invest in young talent. Apprenticeships are a great way for us to help someone learn different aspects of the working-world. With a structured academic programme to work to this option is something that allows the individual to combine practical and theoretical training which is important for any future employee in the industry.
Why become an apprentice?
This is a real opportunity for AGCO apprentices to gain knowledge and practical skills at college as well as gaining valuable hands-on experience in the workplace, Time-served land-based engineers that progress and demonstrate high levels of expertise are a tremendous asset to all of us in the industry.
What qualifications do I need?
Ideally candidates should have 4 or more GCSE’s above a grade C. Show ability to work hard and pro-active nature.
How long is the programme?
As part of their AGCO dealer apprenticeship, young people taken on by a dealer representing an AGCO brand receive 24 weeks training spread over two years at Warwickshire College’s Moreton Morrell centre. All apprentices attending the college as part of AGCO’s dealer apprenticeship scheme stay on-site in the college’s own residential accommodation.
What is involved?
Two levels of apprenticeship in land-based engineering are currently offered by AGCO dealers. The first is an intermediate level 2 apprenticeship that takes two years to complete, including 12 weeks during each year attending Warwickshire College, the remainder of the time being spent back at the apprentice’s dealer-employer.
With the support of their dealer, trainees wishing to progress to an advanced level 3 apprenticeship are able to attend Warwickshire College for a further 12 weeks spread over a total of 15 months.
There are AGCO apprentices on the training course from all over the country and you stay with the same group from the start so you get to know everyone really well. It’s a great way to start off in the industry.