One of the UK’s top Massey Ferguson, Fendt & Challenger dealers, we are looking for the following roles to extend our already 64 strong team, serving the farming industry with the sales and service of agricultural tractors and machinery.
Area Sales Manager - Holmes Chapel
Established Agricultural Machinery Dealership with AGCO brands; Fendt, Challenger and Massey Ferguson are looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to work from our Holmes Chapel Depot.
The job would predominently mean the sale of agricultural tractors and machinery to potential and existing customers within a designated territory.
The ideal candidate will be hard-working, have a knowledge of the industry, be driven to acheive targets and goals and be a good face of the company to the customer.
Competitive Salary and bonus scheme available.
Please call 01588 620545 to dicuss further.
Please contact Mary; email@example.com or call 01588 620545 for more information.
Parts Manager - Holmes Chapel, Cheshire
To manage the parts function and staff, working to and achieving set targets. To ensure that parts environment is safe, effective & profitable, including staff, stores, parts counter, parts offices & retail area.
- Purchasing & management of department inventory
- Retail area management
- Stock turn and obsolescence
- Annual and monthly stock takes
- Preparation and achievement of annual sales target
- Liase with Marketing Co-ordinator to develop, implement & monitor 12 month parts marketing plan
- Manage customer accounts & credit
- Line management and team development of parts team
- Optimising direct sales opportunities
- Management of department financials
- Recruitment in conjunction with the Directors and/or Business Manager
- Maximising counter, back counter & trade sales
- Maintaining & nurturing supplier relationships
- Management of department admin
- Stock turn
- Department turnover
- Gross & net profit margins
Supervised by Group Parts Manager
Based at Holmes Chapel depot, some show and customer visits necessary. Alternative Saturday mornings. At times may be required to perform duties outside of this job description in order to ensure the maintenance of a high level of service to our customers.
Job Type: Full-time
If this sounds like the job for you please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01588 620545.
Internal Sales, Demonstration and Installation - Head office, Churchstoke
To handle all incoming enquiries to the depot, dealing with used and out of territory enquiries and liasing with the relevant sales rep on in area enquiries dependent on territory. Managing and organising the demonstration fleet, liaising with all depots and service dept
- Preparation of quotes for customers
- Dealing with incoming sales enquiries
- Cultivating and nurturing export and trade contacts
- Identification and contact of potential customers
- Arrange and conduct machinery demonstrations
- Negotiate, handle objections and close sales
- Fill in weekly call sheets, outlining customer contacts made
- Preparations of trade in appraisals and estimated PDI budgets
- Ensuring efficient, correct and timely completion of paperwork
- To co-ordinate demo’s
- To update the used machinery database and picture library
- Liasing with the Business Manager and Marketing Co-ordinator over marketing initiatives
- Liasing with manufacturer representatives to ensure best purchasing
- Liasing with finance house representatives where necessary to provide the customer with a finance quote to suit their requirements
If this sounds like the job for you please email your CV to email@example.com or call on 01588 620545.
Parts assistant - Head office, Churchstoke
We are now looking for a parts assistant to assist the Parts Manager in delivering the targets for the business by being responsible for ordering parts, goods in & out, the displays and retail area, and dealing with customers’ queries. You must ensure the Parts Department’s administration is carried out correctly and on time and always put the customer first through actions and results.
- Computer skills (Office packages)
- Maths to GCSE level and experience in working with figures
- Experience in dealing/negotiating with customers: handling queries, selling, resolving issues
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Flexible and pro-active
- Eye for detail
- Telehandler operation – preferable but training can be delivered
If you are interested in this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01588 620545.
Parts Apprentice - Head office, Churchstoke
We are looking for a parts apprentice to join us at our Churchstoke Depot but to cover all outlets.
Parts are a massive part of our business and remain to be extremely busy. As an apprentice you'll be working under the guidance of a mentor in the Parts Department and reporting to the Parts Manager to achieve pre-set targets and goals. You will deliver a good level of customer service to our customers that come into our stores. Daily tasks would include serving shop floor customers, identifying parts to meet customer requirements, providing technical advice and processing orders. You will also be required to serve workshop engineers through the back counter and assist with their needs for parts. A large part of our parts business is conducted through our online shop and eBay shop so someone will a savvy attitude towards promotion and marketing is also a great attribute.
As an apprentice we want you to gain the skills to further your career in the industry. You with work alongside your studies and will be required to attend time at college dependant on which course you choose. We run courses with Reaseheath College, Cheshire, Walford College, Shropshire and AGCO who are based in Warwickshire.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email email@example.com or call 01588 620545 for further steps.
Agricultural Engineer -
X1 Churchstoke, X1 HOLMES CHAPEL
Our service departments continue to be busy and we are always looking for skilled engineers to join our team, with the continued progress in technology and systems it is important to us to have the best team we can possible.
We would look favourably to candidates with training in the areas we cover such as Massey Ferguson, Fendt and Merlo however we are always happy to hear from candidates with similar skills.
The repair and maintenance of agricultural machinery, both on-site and on-farm, as instructed by your workshop management.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Include but not limited to:
- The repair and maintenance of vehicles and machinery, to the highest standards and with a “right-first-time” attitude.
- The preparation of new and used vehicles and machinery for sale, in accordance with manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Use of specialist diagnostic equipment and techniques, utilising manufacturers’ systems such as EDT and SOURCE. You are also required to keep up to date with the latest “Service News/Bulletins” as published on AGCOnet.
- Completion of Job Cards, Time Sheets and work reports, as required by workshop management. Job cards should be written up in sufficient detail to justify all of your time spent on the repair. Time Sheets should be completed daily.
- On occasion you may be required to help and develop junior members of the workshop team.
- General housekeeping duties within the workshop environment, including return of special tools and warranty parts to their designated storage area. Cleanliness of working environment and work van/service vehicle. You should adhere to health and safety standards at all times.
- You may be required to demonstrate the use of/ and/or functions of, new or used machinery to our customers. Remember that you are representing RVW Pugh Ltd and your behaviour should remain professional at all times.
- Communication with workshop management. It is your responsibility to report any problems with repairs, potential safety issues or training requirements to your workshop management.
Key Performance Measures:
WIP (Work in Progress) – Job Cards should be completed and returned to workshop management as required. Outstanding Job Cards should be kept to a minimum.
Technical Ability – Quality of repair, aiming to achieve a consistent “Right-first-time” repair record.
Technical Ability – Speed / Efficiency of repair, being measured against manufacturers recommended repair times and/or Quotes/Timescales set by workshop management.
Directors, Business Manager, Operational Workshop Manager and Commercial After-Sales Manager.
RVW Pugh is an award-winning dealer that wants to reinvest in its resources all the time. We have fully equipped workshops at both our Holmes Chapel depot and Churchstoke depot. You will receive training from our main manufacturers and at the depot from other members of the team.
Please contact Ros for an application form. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01588 620545
Become an apprentice with AGCO and RVW PUGH LTD
Tractors and farm machinery have changed massively in recent years, so the servicing industry has had to shift up a gear to keep pace. To keep up with the rapid rate of change, manufacturers and independent dealerships are providing tailored apprenticeship schemes to produce a workforce capable of meeting their increasingly technical requirements.
At RVW Pugh we understand how important it is that we keep up to date with the changing industry around us to stay competitive, that comes from having a strong team at each depot. We work with AGCO to ensure that the programme is offering the right experience for the individual. We look to the younger generation as the future of our business and want to invest in young talent. Apprenticeships are a great way for us to help someone learn different aspects of the working-world. With a structured academic programme to work to this option is something that allows the individual to combine practical and theoretical training which is important for any future employee in the industry.
Why become an apprentice?
This is a real opportunity for AGCO apprentices to gain knowledge and practical skills at college as well as gaining valuable hands-on experience in the workplace, Time-served land-based engineers that progress and demonstrate high levels of expertise are a tremendous asset to all of us in the industry.
What qualifications do I need?
Ideally candidates should have 4 or more GCSE’s above a grade C. Show ability to work hard and pro-active nature.
How long is the programme?
As part of their AGCO dealer apprenticeship, young people taken on by a dealer representing an AGCO brand receive 24 weeks training spread over two years at Warwickshire College’s Moreton Morrell centre. All apprentices attending the college as part of AGCO’s dealer apprenticeship scheme stay on-site in the college’s own residential accommodation.
What is involved?
Two levels of apprenticeship in land-based engineering are currently offered by AGCO dealers. The first is an intermediate level 2 apprenticeship that takes two years to complete, including 12 weeks during each year attending Warwickshire College, the remainder of the time being spent back at the apprentice’s dealer-employer.
With the support of their dealer, trainees wishing to progress to an advanced level 3 apprenticeship are able to attend Warwickshire College for a further 12 weeks spread over a total of 15 months.
There are AGCO apprentices on the training course from all over the country and you stay with the same group from the start so you get to know everyone really well. It’s a great way to start off in the industry.