Fancy a 40% contribution to your farm equipment? The Welsh Government are now offering a grant to help!
Have a read below...
The grant provides a 40% contribution towards capital investments in equipment and machinery that have been pre-identified as offering clear and quantifiable benefits to farm enterprises.
£40m funding will be available over 4 years. The minimum grant available is £3,000, and the maximum is £12,000. Only one application will be approved per business throughout the lifetime of the Scheme.
The proposal is to open 3 windows in the 2017 -2018 financial year with each open for 2 months. The first window will open in May 2017 followed by one in August 2017 and the 3rd in February 2018.
The capital items are specified with standardised costs. A full list of items can be seen in the guidance documentation below.
- The business must be registered with Farming Connect before submitting an application under this scheme and have a valid Customer Reference Number (CRN) and a County Parish Holding Number (CPH).
- A partner in the farming business must have attended a Farming for the Future event organised by Farming Connect. The individual who attended must be registered as a business partner with Farming Connect and Welsh Government Rural Payment Wales.
- The application and claim are submitted at the same time.
- Applicants will be informed by e-mail of the outcome of their application.
- Once the grant award has been confirmed the applicant can buy the item or items of equipment and inform Welsh Government Scheme Management Unit (SMU) by e-mail only that the project is completed.
- The application and claim may be inspected before or after the claim is paid
- Businesses that have been successful under the Sustainable Production Grant Scheme are not eligible under FBG.
- Businesses where the total turnover exceeds £1 million are not eligible under FBG.